What is Patient Access?
“Patient Access” is a website which allows you to have access to our online services. These include:
- Arranging, checking and cancelling GP, INR, B12 and Asthma review appointments.
- Ordering and checking repeat medication.
- Updating your contact details.
Patient Access is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, allowing you to access our services at your own convenience. Using online services could save you a trip, or phone call to the surgery. You can use Patient Access at home, at work or on the go – where ever you can connect to the internet. Patient Access mobile app is free to download on Android and iOS.
All you have to do is pop into reception with some photo ID and ask for an internet booking registration pack and follow the step by step instructions. You will have 14 days from date of issue to complete your online registration. If 14 days pass and you do not complete registration online, your pin will expire and you will need to collect a new one from reception.
Please note this service is only available for over 16s.
Having trouble with Patient Access?
There is now a Support Centre where you can:
- Trouble shoot common issues including messaging, signing in, booking appointment and repeat prescriptions
- Check that Patient Access is up and operational and see full information of the website status and any upcoming maintenance
- Raise a ticket directly with the support team
For more information please visit: https://support.patient-access.co.uk/
Terms and Conditions:
- Applications are one per patient. Acceptance of one member of a family does not imply acceptance of other/further family members.
- Applications for online access will not be considered for patients who are under the age of 16.
- Registration details and passwords can ONLY be released to the patient and not a third party.
- Where access is refused this will be in writing. A reason will only be given at the discretion of the partners.
- Where a minor requests a change of password (perhaps to alter access) this will be granted at the discretion of the partners.
- Patients with a history of none-attendance at pre-booked appointments (without cancelling) will not normally be granted access to online appointment booking, however the remainder of the facilities will be considered.
- It is only possible to have two appointments booked at any one time.
- online appointments booked are to be cancelled by the patient as soon as it is determined that it is no longer required.
- The practice will not allow misuse of the online system and will monitor usage by individual patients. Where it is considered that a patient is misusing the system or is acting in a way detrimental to the availability of the appointment system, or other facilities, a warning letter will be issued. Where the situation does not improve, or reoccurs access will be removed permanently and without further notice, at the discretion of the partners.
- Repeat prescriptions may only be ordered where these appear on their repeat list, which is provided to patients on the tear-off portion of the last prescription issued. The request must match the repeat list exactly and must be due.
- Personal information updating is subject to validation after submission. Patients moving outside of the practice boundary area will be removed from the practice list in the usual way.
- Approved access requests will be notified along with access instructions and a copy of these terms and conditions.
Requests for re-issue of access log-in details will be via post and be re-issued in all cases to the registered address.
Practice Plan For Online Services