This practice operates an "Advanced Access" appointment system with the intention of allowing patients access to a GP within 48 hours. However, if you insist on seeing a particular doctor then this timescale may not be possible. 50% of all GP appointments can be booked up to four weeks ahead. The other half is released on the day at 8.00am.
Types of Appointments
We offer GP telephone appointments when there isn’t a need for the doctor to undertake a physical examination. Examples could be when a patient is seeking advice or when test results have been received from the hospital and a discussion is needed. Feedback suggests that patients who work away from Loughborough find them particularly convenient
This type of appointment is ONLY for patients who are housebound and unable to attend the surgery because of their medical condition. The Doctor will telephone in advance to assess your symptoms and treat appropriately. Please phone before 10.30 to make a visit request. After 11.00am requests for visits will only be accepted if medically urgent and the surgery may request the Acute Visiting Service to attend in urgent circumstances who are members of the local ambulance service.
Minor illness nurse
The prescribing nurse has same day appointments to treat acute symptom such as:-
- Abdominal pain, acid reflux
- Allergies, hayfever & eye infections
- Acute back ache (new symptom)
- Childhood illness such as chicken pox
- Coughs, colds, temperature, earache
- Constipation, diarrhoea & vomiting
- rash/spots, skin infections
- Sexually transmitted infections
How can I book an appointment?
Appointments can be booked at the front desk, over the phone or via the internet. Patients wishing to use the last option need to obtain an internet booking registration pack from Reception. This allows GP appointments to be booked, amended or cancelled 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Why not ask today and join the hundreds of other patients who already take advantage of this service? You can also order repeat prescriptions on-line using the same service.
For more information on our online booking system and its many advantages - please see our Patient Access page
We can remind you about your appointment(s) by sending a text message to your mobile phone.
It’s totally FREE and all you need to do is inform us of an up to date mobile phone number for yourself and consent to our SMS service.
Please note that this is a no reply service. Please do not reply to the message. If you wish to cancel your appointment, please contact reception on 01509 220 960 (see below). Alternatively if you are signed up for Patient Access online services, you can cancel your appointment online.
Cancelling your appointment
If you cannot keep an appointment, please inform us as soon as possible as this will assist in over-subscribed situations.
You can cancel your appointment via:
Internet: Patients registered for Patient Access can cancel their appointments 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Telephone: 01509 220 960. Simply leave your name, date of birth and appointment details. Reception continuously collect cancellation messages enabling them to offer the appointment to another patient promptly.
If you persistently fail to attend appointments that can ultimately lead to removal from the practice list, as it means that other patients are being prevented from using these appointment slots.
Checking In For Your Appointment
When you arrive at the surgery for your appointment you can check in without the need to queue. Use the self-check-in touch screen to the right of the front desk and follow the easy to understand on-screen instructions.
No appointment required
Reception can assist you with the following:-
- Test Results: Results are looked at by a Doctor and commented on. To receive the doctors comment contact reception.
- Sick Notes: To request a continuation of a fit note (sick note) pick up a form in the reception waiting area, returning it to a receptionist on completion. Allow 2 working days before returning for collection.
Over the counter medication and advice should be sought before attending for symptoms such as sore throats, coughs, colds and headaches
NOTE: antibiotics are not prescribed for the above symptoms.
How can you help us?
- Be on time for your appointment. Please note: If you are more than 10 minutes late for your appointment you may be asked to re-book
- Use the self-check-in if you have no other queries
- Tell us if you need to cancel an appointment
- Note that the appointment is for one person, one problem only
- Turn off your mobile phone during the consultation